Thursday, February 4, 2010

Indie Feature :: Fresh Snapped Photos









Favorite materials/tools?
my favorite tool has to be my macbook pro. i do all my design work on it and, if i'm awake, it's attached to my hip. for my photography, of course, my camera has to be my favorite tool, but photoshop is a close second! i love taking a photo and giving it a touch-up job or a whole other look through the wonders of photoshop!

Creative icon?
i'm not sure i could choose just one creative icon! there are so many talented artists and designers out there. if i had to choose one, the first that comes to mind is charlie harper. the complex simplicity of his work is just amazing to me. timeless.

Other artistic outlets?
i'm a big crafter. i love creating just about anything with my hands. i love buying thrifty items and creating something new and beautiful out of them. i feature a lot of these items on my blog. i also love embroidery, sewing, and creating just about anything.

Best advice:
do what you love and what makes you happy.

Daytime mega crafter or creative genius by night?
i'm definitely not your typical artist that stays up until all hours of the night creating. even when i was in college, i was the one in bed while everyone else was finishing their projects. my brain shuts off at 10 p.m. sharp. while i can sit and veg-out in font of the t.v. i can't accomplish anything productive after that time.

Links:
Fresh Snapped Photos on etsy: etsy.com/shop/freshsnappedphotos
FSP on facebook: facebook.com/pages/Fresh-Snapped-Photos/156503419684
stationery company: marzipaninc.com
custom stationery: finandroe.com
blog: paisleywallpaper.blogspot.com
flickr: flickr.com/photos/30843996@N02/

*Note: As a small way to help Haiti in their massive time of need, FSP has decided to donate 100% of their profits from January 20th - February 14th to www.hopeforhaitischildren.org

2 notes:

Anonymous said...

i'm a huge Paisley Wallpaper fan girl -- thanks for this interview!

IDS said...

Wow just ran across this... Lori's style is fantastic! Thanks for stopping by!